We will evaluate your visual acuity, check the pressure of your eye to screen for glaucoma, and check the internal and external functions of your eyes.
Your eyes may be dilated. If dilated anticipate it being difficult to read and increased light sensitivity for several hours. If you require corrective lenses you will be given a glasses prescription. If you require medicine for any eye disease you will be given a prescription.
What should I bring for my Routine Eye Exam?
- In most cases you will be dilated and may need someone to drive you home.
- Bring your glasses and contact lens if you wear them.
- Bring a list of all medicines you are currently taking or if you are an established patient bring a list of any new medicines you are on.
- If you have had eye surgery or any past eye problems it will help to write those down and bring with you.
- It may also help to jot down any problems you have been experiencing.